Monday, April 14, 2014

LINE DANCING & BULL RIDING


Monday! You came too quickly!

In case you all didn't get it from me cutting off from blogging midweek..or from all the instagram posts- I took off for a quick vacation for a few days with Michael & friends. It was much needed- and it's going to be seriously hard to snap back into reality this week!

Here's what's up lately:

Can you tell I work at an apparel brand with some nautical heritage behind it when it's totally normal to dress like this for work? This outfit makes me feel like I should be hangin' out on a yacht in New England:

I recently got some goodies from Elizabeth @ Spike the Punch and Sugarfina- so I clearly had to fill my compulsive need to put 'em in rainbow order :)

VACATION!
M & I roadtripped with friends down to Nashville- and made a couple great stops on the way. Our first night was spent in Indy- with pull tabs & pizza at a VERY smoky bar. Boo to cigs still being allowed in bars in other states! We had a fabulous time laughing at the ridiculous band & getting some quality people watching in.
Day & night #2 was spent in Kentucky- in the bourbon capitol of the world. We toured Maker's Mark, explored downtown Bardstown, and ended up at a really cool hidden bar with great live music. The whole town smells like sour mash because of the distilleries surrounding it. So crazy!
The next day we headed to Nashville & did all things honky-tonk. We line danced, rode mechanical bulls, visited the Grand Ole Opry,  sang along with country bands, and drank our fair share :) 
Our final day & night we explored Vanderbilt, scouted food trucks and thrift stores, enjoyed whiskey flights and bbq, and headed to East Nashville for a full-hipster experience at night. 
I already miss the 80 degree, sunny weather. Le sigh.
If you're headed to Nashville anytime soon, I absolutely have some recommendations!

Now, back to reality---
Tomorrow I'll be sharing a seriously delicious recipe that any coconut lover will appreciate (and is kosher for Passover, if you're celebrating!)

Whew! So what did I miss while I was gone everyone?
Anyone going to Nashville soon? Please take me with you!

xo, lp


for more nashville goodness, and general entertainment, you can find me on instagram here --> @lpodlich

3 comments:

  1. I was in Nashville for a wedding in Sept and I am so disappointed I didn't get out to explore the city more (I was too hungover from the rehearsal dinner after party -- oopsy poopsy). Luckily, I do have some family who live there so hopefully trips are in my future! I love how you arranged those sweets though. Makes me smile and dream of more colorful days:)

    Cheers,
    Alyson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by via MMG...I have to say I love your whole outfit. Totally makes me want to steal this and wear it soon as well. :) I may or may not have very similar items in my closet.

    Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved looking through your guys' pictures from your vacation - it looks like you had a great time :)

    also those coconut things....I think I need to move back to Madison so I can make you make me them ALL THE TIME.

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...